Sunday, December 30, 2007

Rocket German Review - How Can You Get $1500 Stuff For $99 Only

Well the company I work in is definitely one of the bigshots. It is cash rich and these people like to spend on (IMHO) productive employee  like me. :))

So when I asked them that we need to enrich our library with Learn German courses they were more than willing. Before anybody could rethink over this decision. I was over to Internet and had my three picks ready

  • Rocket German
    Rosetta Stone German
    Pimsleur German

Rocket German was the least expensive and had most content. Rosetta stone was nearly three times as expensive but since we already had their another course so I thought it would be worth the price. Pimsleur German was the most expensive one. I don't think I would have personally paid for such a expense but companies have different opinion.

However the saying 'You get what you pay for' does not holds true when it comes to learn german courses. Pimsleur German came with lots of audio stuff, but that was it - Only audio stuff. Some might be comfortable with that but I was not!

Rosetta Stone was no better, with three times the price I expected them to provided all the tools and considering their reputation I will say that they could have provided more than that. But they had nearly the same content as Rocket German but only priced three times heavier. Plus I was supposed to be charged for each level separately, that can get messy in a corporate environment.

Rocket German is the only product that I found worthy of use! Firstly, it was structured the right way. It taught you on few parallel streams. You had grammar lessons delivered as newsletter at one end. At same time you had audio lessons for practice. This made an interesting combination. You can pick up one audio lesson, to learn words and then apply the grammar rules to them in fun and easy way. There were separate software for practicing vocabulary and audio sounds. Similarly there was software for verbs. Plus I could contact them anytime I needed help. I figured out that the total cost of my expenses was roughly $1600 of which I spent only $99 on Rocket German. Rocket German had more content than the other two packages combined. Effectively with Rocket German you can get more than $1500 worth of stuff for just $99!

As I progressed, I noticed that Rocket German course made it quite easy to start, but it does not stops there. The course for advanced level was equally well designed.

Right now Rocket German is the course officially followed in our office for learning German.

You can get it here -

Good luck!

No comments: